The methodologies that are followed are Class-centred teaching,Class -Controlled practice,Intercultural communicative competence,Collaborative activity without gender difference,Anchoring the Events in the class, Usage of Vocabulary bank,Multi-word verbs, Summative assessment,Content validity, Appropriacy,Direct method,Interactive White Blackboard and Thinking frames are some of the methodology used in teaching students.
I am an English Professor holding 15 years of experience. I am an Author of Technical English book. I possess doctorate in English. I can teach English language, Literature and Business English with well scheduled lesson plans and equipped teaching resources in a friendly approach.
In case of cancellation I don't charge . If students are really capable to next level , there shall be offers for further classes.
Helping students to develop their skills and find their passion in life. My goal is to obtain a position with an educational facility that regards quality education as its highest priority, while offering a better salary package and to work continuously till the last breath.
Ph.D (English Literature) - Bharathiyar University , Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu , India
M.Phil (English Literature) -Bharathidasan University , Thiruchirapalli Tamil Nadu , 2006
B.Ed - Indira Gandhi National Open University , Coimbatore Tamil Nadu , India, 2008
M.A (English Literature) - Annamalai University , Chidambaram Tamil Nadu , India, 2004
B.A (English Literature) - Annamalai University , Chidambaram Tamil Nadu , India ,2002
Identical Core Qualifications
Exceptional knowledge of grammar and literature as well as writing styles, forms, and techniques
Teaching abilities to make curriculum understandable and relatable to the students
Capable of teaching at higher or lower levels as well as accelerated or traditional
Organized and efficient in plans, grading, recording, etc.
Professional in forming relationships with students, co-workers, and superiors
Ability to incorporate new concepts and works of literature into curriculum
Work Experience as on date:
Worked 5 years in Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology as a Lecturer
Worked 5 years in KGISL Institute of Technology as a Sr. Lecturer
worked 4 years in Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology as a Sr. Asst. Professor
• Served as University Representative and as External Examiner at various colleges affiliated by Anna University.
• Coordinator of Annual Report Committee in KGISL Institute of Technology and Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology
• Served as a Member in Staff Selection Board at Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology, Coimbatore.
• Served as visiting Professor in Lakshmi Narayanan Vishalakshi College of Art and Science, Coimbatore.
• Served as Chief Superintend for University exam conducted in Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology .
• Served as a vice chairman in central valuation of Anna University Examination at Govt college of Technology ,Coimbatore
• Coordinator for conducting BEC (British English Certificate) Exam in Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology.
• Coordinator for placement training for the final years students.
Awards & Appreciations
• Received Best Faculty Award from Padmashri Dr.G.Bakthavatchalam at KGiSL Institute of Technology in Coimbatore for the year 2011.
• Received Excellency in Service Award from Mr.Ashok Bakthavatchalam, Managing Director of KGISL Institute of Technology in the year 2012.
• Won cash prizes for providing 100% result at Dhaanish Ahmed Institute of Technology, Coimbatore for the year 2013, 2014 & 2015.
Seminars & Conferences attended
• Attended two days national seminar on representative of women in Literature
:Global perspective at vivekanandha college of Art and science foe women on 23rd & 24th Jan 2015.
• Attended two days national seminar on “ Indian culture in Indian English Literature” at National College ,Tiruchirappalli on 8th & 9th Jan 2015.
• Attended One day national seminar on “Dialectics of Diasporic Literature: Treands & Techniques” at Jamal Mohammed College , Tiruchirappalli on 21st Jan 2015.
• International Interdisciplinary conference on Language, Literature, cultural studies and knowledge resources at Vignan University,Guntur, Andhra Pradesh on 5th & 6th Feb 2015.
Papers presented in conference & Seminar
• Presented a paper on “Interaction of Engineering College with Industry”, 9th ISTE State Level Annual Convention & AICTE Sponsored National Seminar, Nov 4, 2006. R.M.K College of Engineering. Chennai.
• Presented a paper on “Engineering Education Teaching Methodology”, 9th ISTE State Level Annual Convention & AICTE Sponsored National Seminar, Nov 4, 2006. R.M.K College of Engineering. Chennai. Presented a paper on “ Diasporic element in Parsi Journey” at National Level seminar, Oct 1st , 2015, Sri S.Ramasamy Naidu Memorial college, Sattur, Tamil Nadu.
• Technical English- I, Text Book for First year Engineering Students ,First Edition 2011., ISBN 978-81-910224-2-1, Professional and Technical Publishers.
• Mrs.A.Thavamani and Dr.S.Sreekumar, “Diasporic Consciousness and parsi identity in Rohinton Mistry’s work”, International Journal of English Language, Literature and Translation Studies (IJELR),ISSN 2395-2628 (Print) :2349-9451 (online) VOL. 3, Issue No.1, (Jan- Mar) 2016.
• Mrs.A.Thavamani and Dr.Kannaya Kanchana,“ A Critical Study on Diasporic Literature of Jews”, The Dawn Journal ( DJ) VOL. 5, NO. 2, July - December 2016.
Areas of Interest:
• Utilizing the skill set for development of the organization
• Making use of self-made ideology to gain the positive results and obtaining the goals of the organization
Reading Books, to upload material in my own blog, counselling.
• Date of Birth : 29/3/1980
• Gender : Female
• Marital Status : Married
• Nationality : Indian
I met Thavamani mam in my ug college, where there are bunch of students who are nee to english after their Tamil medium and few bunch of students from English medium. She addressed in a way that both set of students felt very comfortable and has turn their interest in learning more.
Her guidance helped at the end of final year, many students were easily able to express their views to the company interviewers in such a clarity which was specially mentioned in the feedback as English language is good among the students.
Whenever you feel down, you can go to her and she will give the confidence and motivation.
You can believe in her overall both academically and as a guide for personal development.
I take this forum to thanks her on what I'm now.
I'm working in ITC Ltd as Area Executive
Thavamani's warm personality and rapport with the students were excellent. Her knowledge of the subject was even noticed by many faculty members of her own Department and appreciated. Her willingness to take suggestions, modify lessons, and experiment with new strategies demonstrated her motivation and reflection about teaching and learning.
esol - english for speakers of other languages classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english classes for all!
Taking written comprehension - english classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹650||Not available||₹750|
|5 hours||₹450||Not available||₹3,750|
|10 hours||₹400||Not available||₹7,500|