I believe in tailoring my lessons to the student or student group. Learning should be a joyful experience and towards this activity-based study will be encouraged. Information available in various media will be effectively used to aid teaching. Multiple intelligences of students will be tapped to make learning effective. Class room training, individual training (based on TNI & TNA) and online training will be conducted as per requirement.
One of our best! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and responds during the day. Shama will plan your first class with care.
I am a passionate educationist having mostly taught students and professionals. I am an over achiever, and have been featured in the Limca book of Indian records (1992) and also received an achievement award (VDM - 2019) for service to society, country and education. I have conducted various workshops on communication skills, time and stress management, resume building, business communication, etiquette, spoken english, personality development, confidence and leadership, classroom management, activity based teaching etc.
Online English classes for learners outside India (1-on-1) will be at 6 Euros per hour for European countries and 8 Dollars for all other countries.
5 hour pack : 30 Euros - 40 USD (non-European countries)
10 hour pack : 58 Euros - 75 USD (non-European countries)
Students who join a course (more than 5 students) will be paying a consolidated fee of Rs 8000/- for 40 hrs of study of Spoken English (A1) level at Tambaram, India. Individuals desiring one-on-one English training will be required to pay Rs 600/- per hour. Soft skills training will have its own fee structure, depending on the individual or corporate needs. Provisions are available for conduct of weekend and weekday classes.
LILY SHAMA GEORGE Chennai, India
TRAINER – SOFT SKILLS & ESL
A highly competent, result-oriented professional with over 13 years of experience in the Education industry. Passionate about teaching and believe in education and learning revolutionising the world and changing mind-sets. Have conducted various ‘Train-the-Trainer’ workshops and conducted Business English workshops for MBA students.
E-mail: (concealed information)
TOTAL EXPERIENCE – 13 years
Proactive trainer with a record of taking initiative, personal responsibility, ownership of work, and reputation for making learning interesting.
Excellent interpersonal skills, good communicator, presenter, and team builder.
Analytical thinker with ability to judge and evaluate people and reorganise strategy based on needs.
Creative, dependable,hard working, adventurous and enthusiastic.
Strong leader who can effectively motivate people and use technology to facilitate learning.
Highly committed to providing tangible results after analysis and design (TNI, TNA & TD)
Masters in Business Administration with specialization in human resource management from Pondicherry University –India (2001 - 2003)
Bachelors in Engineering with specialization in Electronics & Communication (Madras University) – Chennai, India (1985 - 1989)
Global Education Training Institute, Hyderabad Chapter 2018 -19
• Initiating and conducting regional level workshops and training of Trainers and Teachers
• Auditing of Educational Institutions and support for schools in AP & Telangana
• Developing Trainers Manual and learners kit, including curriculum design and content development
Head – Processes, Edvantage Leadership Institiute, Hyderabad 2017-18
• Assisting the Director in the overall management of the school
• Setting systems & processes of various schools with different curriculum – CBSE, CAIE, State Board
• Evaluation of the teaching process and development – A 360 degree teacher appraisal
Trainer, Lecturer & Deputy Chief Warden – Manipal University, 2016-17
• Management of over 200 support staff & administration of 20 hostels
• School of Management, Manipal –Trainer & Guest Lecturer-MBA students effectively used Moodle 3.2 – Learning Management System.
Eigoo Trainer, Online Training – Japanese Company 2017
• Trained Japanese and South Asian learners in English as Second Language (ESL) through messages and using mobile media effectively.
Chief Operations Officer – The Banyan, Chennai - 2004 to 2005
• Overall Administration, Management & Operations of The Banyan-NGO
• Managed a team of nearly 90 employees including 10 Social Workers
• Overall Human Resource Management & financial administration including liaison with Governmental agencies
Operations/ Project Manager Security Solutions, Tata Honeywell Limited, Pune 2003 - 2004
• Managed Projects like Sahara Amby Valley-Lonavala, Tata Iron and Steel Company- Jamshedpur,
Honeywell-Gurgoan, Honeywell Software Technologies-Bangalore etc.,
• Project Management, Site Management, Contract Management, Vendor Management, Design of CCTV,
Access and Fire Systems, Installation & Commissioning of Security Systems including Warranty support.
• Mentor for Junior Trainees of the department, Trained at Ademco, Hongkong on all Ademco Security products.
• Bronze level Certification – MS Projects. Underwent the Six sigma Green Belt Project
Lieutenant – Education Officer Indian Navy 1992-1999
• Instructor for Pulse Digital and Switching Circuits, Microwave and Communication Theory for Engineering cadets
• Instructor for sailors and officers at the Electrical Training Establishment of the Indian Navy
• Training officer of the Draughtsman’s course catering to training needs & curriculum design
• Officer in Charge of Training Resource Material Section - Managed the entire training resource needs
• Instrumental in designing courses for officer cadets at the Naval Academy
• Involved in the entire process of production of Electrical books of reference for both Officers & Sailors- 2 years
• Editor of the Naval Review of Electrical, Electronic and Weapon System Engineering, a technical magazine
• Officer in charge of the Printing, Photo section, Indian Naval Film Library, Command Reference Library etc
• Administration, management of men and material, financial budgeting and program implementation
• As Directing Staff was the coach, trainer and mentor for the Second and Third batches of lady officers Navy
• Divisional (HR/PS officer) Officer of Under-trainee and staff Junior and Senior Sailors
• Member of the recruitment board for inducting sailors in the Navy
• As board member, was involved in the recruitment of Principals, staff at the Naval Schools, including KVs
• Conduct of In-service Educational Examinations & Assistant Controller for examinations- Goa University
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS________________________________________
• Awarded the National Merit scholarship for being a rank holder
• Nominated for commendations of The Commander-in-Chief and The Chief of Naval Staff
• Topped the Acting Sub-Lieutenant course held at the Naval Academy
• Pioneer batch of the lady defence officers & hence part of the Limca book of Indian records - 1992
• Awarded an Achievement Award by VDM – India on the Move, an NGO for service to Society – Mar 2019
COURSES COMPLETED__& OTHER ACTIVITIES_____________________
• Naval Orientation including leadership at the Naval Academy, Goa – 3 months
• Divisional & Management course at INS Hamla, Mumbai – 3 months
• Training Technology & Instructional Methodology course at Kochi
• Train the Trainers course – Global Education Training Institute, 2018
• Basic Mountaineering Course at the Himalayan Mountaineering institute, Darjeeling, 1996
• Winner of three star Merit Certificate for all-round development in Sports – Sub Junior level
• Parasailing, trekking and other adventure activities
Age : 51 years
Marital Status : Married
Languages known: English, Tamil, Hindi (Can Read, Write & Speak )
DATE: AUG 2019 (LILY SHAMA GEORGE)
Perfect! Shama is a great teacher. She is a very sincere teacher. She has a good curriculum. and she knows her student well. I recommend her.
A very polite intermediate level student interested in improving her English skills to enable her to communicate effectively in day-to-day life. Wishing you the very best. God Bless..
Perfect! Mrs. Shama was really a great facilitator, she thought me each and everything I need in grammar and especially in comprehension and she even explained me writing part .
Thankyou mam I had a great support from your side thankyou very much .
Adharsh is a disciplined student who is willing to learn and improve himself. Tries to give his best in all that he does.
Perfect! She will teaches student based on their skills by diagnosing clearly
Student is a receptive learner and is very interested in learning and improving herself.
Perfect! She is one of the best tutors I have ever met and the way she teaches is very interesting. She is an excellent tutor and I strongly recommend her.
She is a fast learner, and I am sure in due course she will achieve her goals and be completely take-on native English speakers with ease.
Perfect! She is a native speaker, customized lessons and having great learning experience!!!
An interested student, willing to learn.
Perfect! I am 63 years old and wanted to improve my basic knowledge of English. I wanted to communicate well in English for my future travels. The focus of success I think, lies in Conversation with a minimum of Grammar. With Shama I found an English teacher who will help me in a natural way and with a lot of joy to reach this goal. Shama lets me talk freely about various topics but always brings me back to the starting point. We also form sentences and discuss the necessary grammar. It is always fun to learn together with Shama. I would recommend Shama to anyone interested in learning English.
Mr Fuhrer is a very considerate person and a keen student. He is very meticulous, keeps notes and comes fully prepared for every class. He is on time and is a joy to work with. I enjoy taking classes for him.
Shama mam is a great teacher. As a student, she knows how to make people understand in most easy language. I strongly recommend her if you want to learn English.
She will teaches students based on her understand ing about their skils by observing deeply. Very nice and patience
Shama is a native speaker. She gives customized lessons suitable for the learner. Punctual and dedicated. My sister improved her English listening and speaking skills. We appreciate all the efforts given by Shama. I highly recommend Shama for beginner to professional level. If you want to improve your advanced professional level English or you are just a beginner she knows what to do. Highly skilled friendly teacher.
She's probably one of the best tutors I've ever met. She clearly analyse the area of weakness and focus tremendously on how to rectify it. Besides subject, she gave a lot of input on general knowledge. The sessions were very interactive and informative.
I strongly recommend Shama to all the students who is struggling with IELTS preparation. She is an excellent teacher. Her manner of teaching is so good.
Very knowledgeable and highly recommended for IELTS and english fluency. She keeps motivating by easily identifying strengths and weakness.
Her passion towards teaching english skills is seen in all classes and her methods are easier to follow.
Experienced, polite and skilled teacher and one would definitely love her classes
She is the best English teacher for any learner. I've been learning with her for a few years now and it has been a great experience. I am in the steps to mastering the English language. She is the perfect teacher made for teaching English.
She has been the key resource at our institute, you may find more about her in our website solomonlanguages.com. She designs and tailor makes classes to suit students and is a very conscientious individual. ---Director Solomon Languages...
All well. She is a dedicated teacher. She will take care of each student to improve them further. She is always there to help at anytime. I strongly recommend this teacher.
I’m going spoken English class to Mrs. Shama, her teaching was fabulous. Once, she find a errors on your (e.g pronunciation, sentences forming, or spells error) English Language. She gives a practice on that error till you get perfect. Based on such practices, I changed a lot of things in English language. She is very good trainer in English Language.
esol - english for speakers of other languages classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english classes for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹300||Not available||₹300|
|5 hours||₹1,500||Not available||₹1,500|
|10 hours||₹2,800||Not available||₹3,000|