In my experience, it is important to comprehend the student starting off with why they desire to learn Spanish as this is a key factor in the commitment and progress for their learning, as well as having full understanding of the student's desire to learn either speaking, reading or writing as this varies from person to person. I then assess the level of the student (if any) to evaluate any strengths and weaknesses. I ensure to provide a fun class where the student not only acquires knowledge but also enjoys the process of learning this beautiful language.
Having been brought up in the USA and South America, I had the opportunity to learn both English and Spanish while growing up and was able to attribute my skills and knowledge in many occasions for different job profiles, such as teaching language in South American schools, working as an interpreter for international political forums and translating documents and movies like Golmaal Again.
Traveling Fee (if applicable): +120rs *May Vary depending on distance.
Cancelation Fee: +200rs *If not notified prior 2 hrs from the time scheduled.
FREELANCE LANGUAGE TEACHER [Spanish-English] -Mumbai, India [ March 2017-Present]
· Teach Latin American Spanish (Speaking, writing, pronunciation correction) individual classes.
· Teach American English (Speaking, writing, pronunciation correction) individual classes.
AIS/B HIGH SCHOOL- LANGUAGE TEACHER [Spanish-English] -Bolivia, South America [Feb 2013-Dec 2016]
· Taught High school Level Students “Language” Subject (Spanish) and “English “subject. Spoken, written and pronunciation.
· Created different group level exercises to incentive students.
· Elaborated different events on special school dates such as plays, themed workshops, and showcase on different topics all in English (their learning language) to encourage students to learn in a creative way by interaction.
· Given tests and correction of such.
TRANSLATION & INTERPRETATION EXPERIENCE
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR [English-Spanish]-Mumbai, India [Dec 2016-Present]
Translated a variety of documents in different areas such as:
* Movie Subtitles (English to Spanish)
Bollywood Movie “Golmaal Again” – [Through Affiliation]
* Technical Translations (English to Spanish)
Product catalogs & Manuals
* Promotion Literature (English to Spanish)
Brochures, Booklets & Pamphlets
* Legal Documents (Spanish to English & v.v)
Birth Certificates, School /College Certificates, Degrees & Diplomas
DUBBING -Mumbai, India [Feb 2017]
Recorded Trials in English for documentaries and short films.
INTERPRETER FOR 42ND OAS -[Organization of American States] -Bolivia, South America [Jun 2012]
OAS is the premier regional forum for political discussion, policy analysis and decision making to achieve peace and order amongst all the countries in the western hemisphere through assemblies in different countries.
· I worked as an interpreter from SPANISH to ENGLISH and vs. for the chancellors and officials in the 42nd Assembly organized in Bolivia.
· Used correct voice tonality while maintaining professional conduct and appearance.
· Provided the highest level of customer service during interpreting moments.
INTERPRETER & TRANSLATOR -“7th American Regional Congress of Forensic Toxicology”-Bolivia, South America [Mar 2011]
· Rendered all messages from SPANISH to ENGLISH and vs. complete and accurate, without omitting or substituting.
INTERPRETER & TRANSLATOR -“International Capstone Design Project” for USF [University of South Florida]-Bolivia, South America [Dec 2009]
I worked as an interpreter and translator from SPANISH to ENGLISH and vs. for the American engineering team that came from the University of South Florida-USA to the city of Cochabamba-Bolivia to help with a government program consisting in wastewater treatment projects and distribute hydraulic torrent
· I helped interact and communicate between the American team and local Bolivian engineers.
· Conveyed all messages without paraphrasing.
· Translated general documents from SPANISH to ENGLISH and vs. needed at hand.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE
EMIRATES- Cabin Crew -Dubai, UAE [May 2015- Oct 2016]
Having been trained in one of the most respectful airline companies in the world, I had the opportunity to travel to several countries around the globe. As a cabin crew I:
· Developed excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Dealt with different personality types and profiles.
· Handled difficult situations with quick response and effectiveness.
· Was a team player as it was essential for excellent customer service outcome.
· Performed security checks before every flight to assure safety.
· Managed emergency situations while delivering the utmost customer service experience.
· Was able to work efficiently under pressure.
RALPH LAUREN [LUXURY DIVISION)]- Professional Sales Associate-Houston, Texas-USA [Feb 2014- Nov 2014]
· Worked as a full-time Sales Associate.
· Consulted with customers to understand and assess their personal style and best-fit items.
· Helped customer select pieces and brought additional options and sizes.
· Was sure to establish customer loyalty by keeping them updated with future promotions and sending thank you cards/ emails.
· Restocked racks organized selective pieces.
FEICOBOL [International Fair of Cochabamba]- Professional Hostess for Banco Ganadero-Bolivia, South America [Apr-May 2013]
Feicobol is an International exposition that is organized in Cochabamba-Bolivia, where all companies have a platform to showcase their latest products. I:
· Encouraged customers to enter the stand.
· Interacted with customers in SPANISH to provide information about the company and promotions given out.
· Distributed pamphlets of the company.
* Graduate as Emirates Cabin Crew
(Emirates Aviation College )
* Traffic Agent & Customer Service Training Program
* Graduate in Etiquette & Protocol Course
(Buena Onda Producciones)
* High School Diploma
She was a professional and very kind teacher. She always prepares the lessons very well and helps me follow. The online course is also very successful because her native language is Spanish and English .
I am very blessed to have found Priscilla as a tutor when I was searching for help in learning the Spanish language.She someone very helpful and professional like her job and so When I first began I knew very little Spanish, but she has guided me and help me so much, in such a way where I am now able to teach to large number of crowds in Spanish in a short time.I definitely recommend and you feel the effect after a few lessons .
She is wonderful! Spanish and English are both her native languages, so it's a perfect fit for you to really learn the language. Highly recommended and fun!!
spanish classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish classes for all!
Taking written comprehension - spanish classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|