My teaching method is to spend 1 hour in brushing PU material basics, collect the various formulas from there, then work out sample problems. The next session would be a test where the student answers multiple choice questions in NEET/CET model in that topic after which solutions will be discussed clearly. For all the 20 topics in I PU and II PU the same approach will be followed
I have a doctorate degree in Physics from Anna University, Chennai and have cleared the CSIR-NET exam with 10 years teaching experience in NEET/CET/BITSAT coaching, clearing doubt letters, setting question papers along-with stints in Central University and various other engineering colleges
Diversified experience with 10 years of teaching Physics at Undergrad as well as Post Graduate level, combined with 5 years of industry experience
Passion for theory as well as designing experiments, liaisoning with government agencies
Strong mentorship capability
Consistent academic excellence
SNO Degree Period Institute/University Subject Marks(%)
1 X standard
1987 Holy Angels Convent, Chennai All 89
2 XII standard
1987-89 Adarsh Vidhyalaya, Chennai PCMC 89
1989-92 Stella Maris College, Chennai Physics 94
1992-94 Madras Christian College, Chennai Physics 79
1999-01 Loyola College, Chennai Physics 75
2008-13 Anna University, Chennai Physics S GRADE
7 CLEARED the JOINT CSIR/UGC-NET LECTURESHIP EXAMINATION in the YEAR 2000
Statistical Mechanics Mathematical Physics
Quantum Physics Condensed matter physics
Nuclear Physics Solid State Physics
Classical Mechanics Thermodynamics
Electromagnetic Theory Relativity
Nonlinear dynamics, solitons in Bose-Einstein condensates, Analytical and numerical study of nonlinear partial differential equations in biological systems, Quantum optics - geometric phases in Physics like the Berry's phase, Aharonov-Bohm phase, Aharonov-Anandhan phase and Pancharatnam phase.
Refresher Course on Quantum Mechanics and Mathematical Physics conducted by Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSC), Chennai 600113 during November 15-28, 2000.
Workshop on Science Communication and interactive science learning for college teachers conducted by The Australian National University, Canberra, held in Chennai on 30th October 2000.
National Conference on 500 years of Tantrasangraha: A landmark in the history of Astronomy organised in collaboration with Inter-University Centre, Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla and the Department of Theoretical Physics, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600025 during March 11-13, 2000.
2018 – 2019
Professor – MVJ College of Engineering, Channasandra, Bangalore
1.Taught Engineering Physics theory to the I year engineering students of Vishveshwaraya Technical University
2. Worked on an inter-disciplinary research project to create a mathematical model using network theory to study the subjective well being of adolescents in Bangalore
3. Wrote extensive projects to ICMR and other funding agencies to design and fabricate a low cost medical device to detect major clinical depression
2017 – 2018
Assistant Professor - Central University of Tamilnadu, Tiruvarur
1. Teaching integrated M.Sc(PHYSICS) – subjects such as Statistical Mechanics, Condensed Matter Physics
2. Invited lecture by FICCI and NITI Aayog on the Road Show to the Global Entrepreneurship Summit held at IIT Madras on “Her Story – Meet the most inspiring women entrepreneurs in India who carved a name for themselves in technology businesses” on 7th November 2017
3. Won the Inno-Heath 2017 award by Innovatio Curis in New Delhi on September 18-19, 2017
4. Addressed IGNITE-2017 conference on Entrepreneurship in a panel discussion on Entrepreneurship – an idea or an opportunity in MOP Vaishnav College, Chennai on 8th December 2017
2012 – 2017
Managing Partner - Rite Products, Chennai
Manufacturer of Patient Handling Equipment with a national presence
1. Managing labour relations in strained environment. Building a brand new team
2. Obtained ISO 9001:2008, manufacturing ISO 13485 and CE Mark for all our own brand manufactured products
3. Only Indian Manufacturing Company to obtain 5G Certification for stretcher locking mechanism from ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India) in Pune
4. Won the DST LOCKHEED MARTIN INDIA INNOVATION AWARD IIGP - 2014 for our EMERGENCY LABOUR COT - a Multifunctional stretcher convertible into a labour table in under 5 minutes and child delivery can happen inside the ambulance van itself.
Management Staff - Loyola College, Chennai
5. Taught M.Sc(PHYSICS) – subjects like Nuclear Physics, Mathematical Physics, Quantum Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics
6. Taught B.Sc(PHYSICS) – subjects like Heat and Thermodynamics, Mathematical Physics, Quantum Mechanics & Special Relativity, Numerical Methods and Computer Programming
7. Mentor systematically counselling assigned set of students regarding their personal and professional problems
8. Was Outreach co-ordinator for Physics department where we visited slums with students enacting plays to stop alcohol abuse. Involved in counselling domestic workers finding better job opportunities with better pay and work conditions. Volunteered with an NGO to teach Physics to Corporation Schools in Tamil with their science demonstration kits.
9. Designed practical experiments for welding and machining course along with a Practical work book on the same. Serviced and conducted the practical experiments on the Lathe Machine.
2006 – 2008
Lecturer - ALPHA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, CHENNAI
1. Counselled and motivated vernacular medium students extensively in learning both English and Physics
2. Taught Engineering Physics both theory and laboratory course for the BE students
3. Created Laboratory manuals and work books for easy implementation of the course objectives
4. Conducted Solar Photo Voltaics Workshop with sponsorship from MSME-DI (Micro small and Mini Enterprises - Development Institute), Guindy, Chennai. Was the workshop co-ordinator identifying program partners, fixing venue and obtaining sponsorship for the event
5. Liaisoned extensively with TNSCST (Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology) and Science City and other scientific institutions for research schemes for Engineering college students, and obtained grants for the college.
2004 – 2006
Lecturer – BRILLIANT TUTORIALS PRIVATE LIMITED, CHENNAI
1.Created and solved numerous question bank for NEET, BITSAT and IIT-JEE as in-house faculty
2. Solved a lot of doubt letters from the students of the above programmes consisting of extensive problems on the same theoretical concepts
3. Taught NEET, BITSAT and Foundation IIT students in various centres in Chennai
Lecturer - D.G.VAISHNAV COLLEGE, CHENNAI
1. Taught M.Sc(PHYSICS) course students subjects such as Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Statistical Mechanics and Solid State Physics alongwith Physics laboratory course consisting of GENERAL EXPERIMENTS.
2. Taught B.Sc(PHYSICS) course students subject papers like Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Allied Physics for B.Sc(MATHS) students along with Physics laboratory coursework consisting of GENERAL EXPERIMENTS
3. Guided student projects at the M.Sc level
4. Involved extensively in NAAC (National Academic Accreditation Council) ranking response within the department, redesigning college logo and the vision and mission
1999 - 01
Lecturer - WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, CHENNAI
1. Taught M.Sc (PHYSICS) course students subject such as Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Mathematical Physics, Electromagnetic Theory, Statistical Mechanics and Condensed Matter Physics
2. Guided student projects at the M.Sc level
3. Involved extensively in setting up Laser experiments including planning, purchase, viability and conduction of experiments using laser light.
4. Prepared a problem solution manual for the exercise problems in Sears, Zamansky and Young for Dr.Mercy Rajasekar
5. Involved extnsively in liaisoning with Software Solution Integrated Limited for designing Post Graduate diploma courses in Computers for Science students
6. Created a Question Bank for M.Sc(PHYSICS) students and coached / motivated them extensively for good results
1. Gayathree Mohan, "Theoretical Investigation of Solitons in Bose-Einstein Condensates", Scholars' Press with ISBN 978-3-(concealed information), Printed by Schaltungsdienst Lange O.H.G., Berlin
2. Gayathree Mohan and Mahalingam, A. "Soliton Dynamics in an Inhomogeneous Bose-Einstein condensate driven by linear potential", Communication in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol.12, pp.123-150, 2012
3. Gayathree Mohan, "Numerical Analysis of the Gross-Pitaevskii Equation in a linear potential",Sixth National Conference pn Nonlinear Systems and Dynamics (NCNSD -2011) held at Centre for Nonlinear Dynamics, School of Physics, Bharathidasan University, Trichirapalli 620024, January 27-30, 2011
4. Gayathree Mohan, "Role of Inhomogeneous Erbium Doped Fibres", National Conference on Contemporary VLSI Technologies in Wireless Applications (CONTECE 08) held at Dr.MGR Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600095, March 2008
5. Gayathree Mohan, "Soliton Dynamics in a Bose-Einstein condensate using the two coupled Gross-Pitaevskii equation", National Conference on Recent advances in Applied Sciences held at Dr.MGR Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600095, February 2012
1. Won the merit cum means PG scholarship from R.Ramaswami Charitable Trust, Chennai for post graduate study on October 9, 1992.
2. Won the MOSES Prize for Physics in Madras Christian College
3. Organized SPV Workshop in Micro Small and Mini Enterprises - Development Institute, Guindy, Government of India in 2008. Was the co-ordinator incharge of the guest speakers, funding and complete conduct of the programme.
4. Worked directly under Dr.R.Simon, Bhatnagar awardee 1993 for my M.Sc. project "Geometric Phases in Physics", in the Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai 600113
5. Was instrumental in learning laser experiments and setting up the same in Women's Christian College, Chennai for the M.Sc self-financed students
6. Had a continuous 90% evaluation for 3 semesters from students in Loyola College which was a record of sorts for a Physics department staff member.
7. Taught NEET Physics extensively to rural students in Tiruvarur and other nearby villages in vernacular with excellent student feedback
maths classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics classes for all!
Taking quantum physics classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹803||Not available||Not available|