With 90% in Extended & Additional Maths, 97% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology, and 95% in Geography & History, I know what it's like to ace the IGCSE. Apart from IGCSE, I'm equally proficient in IB Mathematics, Business Management, English Language & Literature, Philosophy & TOK, and AP Calculus & Economics. Having dealt with every past paper from the past 15 years, worked with world toppers to those with learning impedances, catered to high profile clients to pro bono stints, I understand what it takes to beat the system.
My core methodology, apart from elucidation of relevant core concepts, relies exclusively on past paper practice from my complete database of official past papers, which is the only strategy proven in its efficacy of guaranteeing you ace the test. No use of third-party publishers, simulated software, mock papers, and redundant strategies that only confuse rather than clarify.
I hold an honors double degree from University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A in Economics and Philosophy with a minor in Business. I have been private tutoring for about 15 years catering to clients in U.S.A, Singapore and India (New Chandigarh). I am known for my intensive style of pedagogy and can cover an entire year's worth of syllabus over a few weeks of sessions. I am best suited for those with upcoming exams, time constrained private candidates, students with deadlines, and those seriously looking to over achieve.
IGCSE/ICSE/CBSE - Rs. 3500/hr
IB/AP - Rs. 4000/hr
In case of sessions at client's place, travelling charges of Rs. 300 - 500/session commensurate with specific location. Alternatively, client is more than welcome to have sessions at my place at DLF Hyde Park, New Chandigarh, 140901 at no logistic surcharge.
First/trial session is a full-length 2 hr session that is no different from a normal session, in terms of intensity, syllabus coverage and alleviating weaknesses, and will be charged at the usual rate. If the client decides to continue, then advance of prep fees would be appreciated by cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Rescheduling of sessions, as per the client's and mentor’s convenience, is expected. There will be no financial penalties or charges for such rescheduling.
Once sessions start, as such, no refunds for withdrawal/termination of service by client. For genuine cases of special circumstance, pro-rated refunds will be extended.
The University of Texas at Austin, U.S.A (Overall ranked 32 in the world)
B.A. (Hons), Economics and Philosophy
Certified Business Foundations, McComb’s School of Business
(Ranked 5th in the U.S)
Financed 75% of education
Application to study in U.S.A (August 2000 – August 2001)
SAT Entrance test Score 2250/2400 (99th percentile)
Critical Reading 750/800 (98th percentile)
Writing 700/800 (96th percentile)
Maths 800/800 (99th percentile)
TOEFL iBT 110/120 (95th percentile)
Test of Written English (TWE) 5.0/6.0
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai (August 1998 – August 2000)
H.S.C First Class
Arya Vidya Mandir, Mumbai (August 1990 – August 1998)
S.S.C 86% (High Distinction)
Selbiz Corporation Austin, TX
Business Analyst Internship (January 2006 – September 2006)
- Assisted 25 year old business brokers in all aspects of business
brokerage ranging from evaluation of business management and
financial statements to advertising and marketing
- Communicated with business owners, potential buyers, bankers,
corporate officers, landlords, attorneys, CPA’s and government
- Assisted in preparing presentations of businesses for sale and
execution of contracts
- Managed entire database of existing business for sale for easy and
up-to-date access by brokers
- Performed research via the internet, libraries, and databases of all
Beat the Bookstore Austin, TX
Store Manager/Cashier (December 2006 – February 2007)
(August 2006 – September 2006)
- Assisted in day to day running of textbook store which includes
activities ranging from inventory checkup to cashier duties
- Helped 100’s of students with textbook and coursework queries
University of Texas Campus Austin, TX
SAT/TOEFL Private Tutor (May 2005 – August 2005)
- Private tutored student in SAT (English and Maths)
- Student re-attempted SAT and showed huge improvement in Scores
Department of Molecular Genetics, UT – Austin Austin, TX
Undergraduate Research Assistant (August 2004 – August 2006)
(August 2001 – May 2003)
- Worked in a UT research lab and perform various duties ranging from
regulatory lab tests to helping the graduates and post doctorates with
their research needs
- Assisted UT professor in the groundbreaking research of “Electronic
paper”, a biodegradable film made out of cellulose that will soon
replace LCD’s and CRT’s
Ebay, Inc. Austin, TX
Powerseller (May 2004 – August 2004)
- Started self-owned 3-month entrepreneurial business venture with
main objective to maximize profit margins in the sale of Japanese
- Professionally managed every part of this business, ranging from
creating the data content for the auction listings to the final sales and
the shipment of the parts
- Achieved net sales of over $10,000 and profits of approximately $3000
- Catered to over 300 satisfied customers throughout the U.S
- Received Certificate from Ebay, Inc. for “Outstanding Professionalism”
Owner and Chief Mentor (March 2009 – June 2018 (Singapore))
(July 2018 – Present (New Chandigarh, India))
- One to one tutoring to students ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 12 in a
wide variety of international and local syllabi subjects
- My current clientele is –
- UWC Grade 10 Student for IGCSE Co-ordinated science and
- OFS Grade 12 for SAT, IB SL Mathematics, HL Biology, US university
- SAS Grade 9 for Biology and Maths
- SAS Grade 10 for English writing, Chemistry, Physics Literature,
- Diploma student for SAT, U.S University application procedure
- Grade 12 ACSIS, OFS, Hwa Chong International students for Math
Studies, Bio, Business and Management and TOK presentations
and essays (IAs and EAs)
- UWC Grade 9 student for IGCSE Co-ordinated Science and
- Nanyang Girl's school/Hwa Chong Institution graduate for SAT, U.S
- NUS Scholar for SAT
- GMAT Quant
- Grade 12 SOTA student for IB Literature and Economics
- SJI student for IGCSE English writing
- GESS Grade 7 for Humanities, Maths, Science, English and overall
- ISS Grade 12 student for IB Maths SL (Exams and Portfolios)
- SJII Grade 7 for Maths
- GESS Grade 7 for overall academic mentoring
- UWC Grade 12 for SAT
- AISS Grade 10 for IGCSE Maths and Science
- Singapore Pre-University student for SAT
Top Education Pte Ltd Singapore
SAT/TOEFL Teacher (March 2008 – March 2009)
- Teaching SAT/TOEFL curriculum to students who are looking to go
overseas for higher studies
- Preparing Secondary students for “O”, “A” and “PSLE” Level, PACT,
MOE Entrance tests as well as Normal/Express/Academic stream
Local/International School exams
Nilaya Hermitage Goa, India
General Manager (August 2007 – November 2007)
- Oversaw a wide host of daily operations in one of the best boutique
hotels of India, with gross revenue averaging Rs. 3.5 Crore (SGD $ 1.3
Million) per year
- Day to day duties included supervising guests check ins and seeing to
their comfortable stay; to dealing with 100+ employees and ensuring
smooth functioning of all departments
- Coordinated directly with all supervisors; ranging from gardening and
maintenance to front desk and guest relations supervisors
- Led a team of 20 workers to repair and renovate all the rooms, music
area, kitchen, tennis courts, massage parlors, swimming pool etc.
which spans over 16 acres of hilly land
- Successfully catered to the needs of high end clients including India’s
top industrialists, celebrities, fashion designers and more
Telenetwork, Inc. Austin, TX
Tech Support Representative (January 2007 – June 2007)
- Offered first class tech support for multiple Internet service providers
including Frontier, Inc., one of the biggest Dsl and dial up Internet
providers in the U.S
- Solutions offered/queries handled ranged from simple issues like
modem failures, Internet connectivity troubleshooting to more
advanced business Dsl issues like host mapping, port forwarding,
wireless technical issues
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- University Honors
- St. Xavier’s College Inter-College Table Tennis Team Captain (Ranked
No. 4 in Mumbai) and Inter-College Basketball Team (Ranked No.1 in
Mumbai) from 1998 – 2000
- University of Texas at Austin Table Tennis Intramural Champion from
2002 – 2003
- Strong Entrepreneurial, Analytical, Market Research, Marketing and
Sales, Editorial and Creative/Copy writing, tutoring skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work in high-
pressure environments and multitask under concurrent deadlines
- Ability to teach, communicate and personally relate to students of all
- Proficient in Windows and Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft
Office Suite, LexisNexis, and Internet Research tools
- Fluent in written and spoken Hindi
Anish has helped me tremendously with studying for the SAT. He really knows what he is doing and he helped improve my SAT practice test scores by 250-300 points. I really do recommend his coaching.
Excellent SAT mentor.
Anish is excellent teacher and very good mentor. My daughter taken online classes for her IGCSE and SAT preparation, which was extremely useful.
Thanks for your support , flexibility and excellent teaching skill.
Anish Puri has taught my child IB Maths for two years and she’s picked up the subject very well. He makes the child understand the subject as opposed to just reading it.
"I happened to get in touch with Anish in Singapore when I needed help with my GMAT Quant. With a robust foundation in elementary as well as intermediate-advanced Mathematics, he was able to approach questions from different vantage points, which was immensely helpful in seeing the simplicity of solution to many tough a problem. Within a few sessions, many of my weaknesses were resolved.
Pleasure to have made his acquaintance and come across his invaluable expertise."
Pleasure to work with him for over 6 years in Singapore.
Intensive, knowledgeable and to-the-point, he is very effective in his trade.
I'd highly recommend him to anyone who wants a no-nonsense approach to achieving results in the quickest, most efficient way.
Anish is, in a word, fantastic.
Many excellent teachers can cover material well, but Anish's encouragement and facilitation of student ambition is unique. As much as I had appreciated his help with specific substantive questions, it was the confidence he instilled in me that I remember most fondly. That additional confidence not only helped me in my performance in the tests we prepared for together, but it is also a lesson I have taken to heart and applied -- with success -- in other pursuits. I owe a great deal to Anish, and hope to get to work with him again!
A highly motivated and result oriented individual, who ensures every student achieves his/her own personal academic goals while minimizing stress and pressure.
Each student, receives customized academic care, tailored to their unique learning capacities. He has such profound knowledge on the syllabi he handles and is extremely pro-active in student’s academic welfare.
Sessions are comprehensive, organized and informative. With him, no academic doubt goes uncleared.
Definitely, the mentor/tutor to have by your side to further secure your personal academic goals.
He tutored me partly in English and mainly in math. I was fluent in English but Anish helped me grasp the reins of the English academics including the Writing (grammar) segment of the SAT. Anish also taught me IB standard math by carefully explaining the basic concepts and guiding me through the more complicated problems.
I strongly recommend Anish as a teacher and a tutor to those in need of academic guidance, structured approach to learning and strong basic foundations.
After graduating high school under Anish's tutorage, I entered New York University (Music Business major). I have also served in the mandatory South Korean military service as a KATUSA (Korean Augmentation To the United States Army) soldier. Currently, I am working as a concert producer based in Europe mainly working with Korean bands in Europe and Western bands in Asia.
Anish previously tutored me on my theory of knowledge essay and helped me scored a excellent grade. He has a vast range of knowledge and explains concepts well which made it easier for me to write my essay. I highly recommend Anish.
school english classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature classes for all!
Taking creative writing classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|