I'm strong database administrator and positive individual who likes to help people around world to collaborate and work towards building strong Db2 database community. My teaching starts with a simple slide of presentation and move onto practical and hands on experience to make the other person comfortable and enjoy the discussion.
My method is mostly practical and hands on. You can take a look at my work experience in here - db2luw2.blogspot.in
My expertise is with Db2 LUW products - server, client installations, planning, fixpack installation, Upgrades, HADR, TSM backups, Q replication setup between data centers helpful for no downtime migrations between big endian to little endian or lower version like v9.7 to v11.1 or vice-versa.
If students want to attend my training from overseas - my fees is 50$ per hour, and I shall reduce the fee based on his/her willingness to commitment to learn the subject.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad).
CERTIFICATIONS & COMPANY AWARDS
• C2090-610: IBM Certified Database Associate - DB2 10.1 Fundamentals
• C2090-611: DB2 10.1 DBA for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
• C2090-311: IBM DB2 10.5 DBA for LUW Upgrade from DB2 10.1
• ITIL 2011 Foundation certified
• Received award from Western Union Director Charles, Nelles for cutting down top 5 incidents permanently in production systems in the year 2013-14.
• Received award from M&S IT Head Mark, Dickson for quick and efficient handling of resolving issues during overnight batch processing.
• M&S excellence award for reducing costs in Db2 migrations from Power systems (Big Endian) to x86 systems (Little Endian) in the year 2017-18.
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
8.6 years of experience in DB2 LUW database administration with keen attention to various other RDBMS and NoSQL Products and ITIL service management delivering incident, problem and change management support.
• Overseas work experience with Europe customer (M&S Plc.)
• Provide 24/7 production support including
o Resolving database performance issues,
o Resolving job failures,
o Monitoring jobs, processes
o root cause analysis and problem management
• Proficient in DB2 Q Replication from providing solutions that includes unidirectional, bidirectional, multidirectional replication for production environments
• Installation of WebSphere MQ, creating necessary objects that are needed for different replication solutions, troubleshooting issues in MQ and Q Replication
• Creating subscriptions, altering subscriptions, loading targets, syncing tables, resolving conflicts and suggesting performance improvements
• Worked on 4k to 8k tablespace migration for replicated tables in production environments
• Ability to recover data using version, crash and roll forward recovery
• Setting up high availability disaster recovery HADR environment and maintenance of those databases
• Experience in database full refresh, schema level refresh for development environments
• Worked on DB2 server and client installations, applying latest fix packs
• Experience in DB2 Migration v9.1 – v9.7 , v9.7 – v10.1, v9.7 – v10.5, v10.5 – v11.1
• Implementation of backup strategies offline, online, incremental, Incremental Delta
• Creating and maintenance of partitions - attach, detach based on business requirements
• Creating databases and analysing database manager parameters (DBM CFG) and database parameters (DB CFG) for efficient performance of database
• Managing databases and object creation from tablespaces, schemas, tables and views
• Experience in database movement utilities export, import, load, db2move, db2 CDI
• Setup and maintenance jobs of database involving statistics collection and reorganization of tables
• Monitoring database using db2pd, snapshots, event monitors and table functions
• Experience in DB2 Optim performance manager to build reports and analyze for specific timings and providing suggestions on remainder of analysis
• User administration includes creating roles, granting privileges to the users, roles
• Worked on 25 node DB2 Partitioned Enterprise Data warehouse running on IBM Smart Analytics System 7700 (ISAS 7700)
• Worked on 36 node DB2 Partitioned Enterprise Data warehouse running on IBM PureData System for Operational Analytics (PDOA)
• Experienced in Full Online backup, Incremental Delta backup on partitioned database server using TSM as media
• Worked on High Performance Unload Utility (DB2 HPU) on partitioned database server and aware of recovery scenarios where tables are accidently dropped and other specific scenarios like partitioning non-partitioned table and data sampling for testing purposes, etc.
• Automation of DB2 build across environments.
• Information Management, Database Administration and Transaction Processing.
• Data Warehousing Design & Development
• Man management, Team Leading and Recruitment.
• Project experience in Retail, Finance and Banking.
• System Design, Development and Implementation. Testing & Live Support.
• Considerable experience in Training, Tutoring, and Mentoring fellow associates.
• Establishing various Db2 metrics through Splunk to monitor the performance of system and proactively identify issues.
• Dwelling into Db2’s diagnostics data independently with careful analysis on short lived events to reconstruct the bad performance events.
• Improving customer satisfaction with continuous feedback and exceeding customer expectations through various automation of manual works and reduce toil at all levels possible.
When he teach, he do not hold anything back. Help all the way until you succeeded in given task or hands -on.
He has patients and tolerance for any question, well aware of adult teaching technicians and adult learning methods. He never make you feel low and use every question as learning experience.
His deep knowledge in IBM tools, his technical expertise make him Subject Matter Experts.
Murali has deep knowledge in the DB2 Administration and given good examples and conducted interactive lab sessions which has helped me to learn DB2 technology well.
He was so friendly and cleared all the doubts during the sessions.
databases classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest SQL classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, mysql classes for all!
Taking DB2 classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹950||Not available||₹950|
|5 hours||₹900||Not available||₹4,750|
|10 hours||₹850||Not available||₹9,500|