About the lesson
Discover the roots of your voice like never before. The key to become a versatile performer lies in appreciating the ‘uniqueness’ of your own voice.
I work on a global level with my students, implementing Advanced Vocal Techniques focussed on Posture, Breath, Diaphragmatic Support, Warm-up Exercises and Passaggio Training, tailor-made for every unique voice type and in various Indian and Western genres. I teach songs in Hindi, English, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Gujarati, Punjabi, German, Italian, Arabic and other regional languages with precision.
Haroon Akhtar’s Vocal Lab is purely intended to meet your requirements, your needs and work towards your growth as an artist. We strongly believe in the motto- ‘Anyone Can Sing’ and become the best in this beautiful form of music.
○ KEY OUTCOMES
• Awareness of your Physical and Vocal Anatomy and its influence on Breath Control, Range, Vocal Placement and Resonance, Articulations, and Timbre.
• Understand the Full Potential of your Instrument, which is your Body, and Gain Complete Control over your Vocal Projection.
• Increase your Vocal Stability and Perform for long hours keeping your voice completely Healthy.
• Theoretical and Practical aspects of Indian Classical and Western Music and its implementation in Contemporary Music Forms like Sufi, Pop, R&B, Rap, Jazz, Bollywood, Kollywood, and many more.
• Become a Global Level Versatile Performer and Never Feel Limited towards any genre.
- Vocal coach
About Haroon Akhtar
I am a Singer-Songwriter, Performer, Vocal Coach and the founder of Haroon Akhtar Music Entertainment and Vocal Lab. I have trained under the guidance of Mr. Gilles Denizot for Western Classical and Opera Techniques at OperaLab. I am also a junior teacher at Operalab India. I specialise in implementing Advanced Vocal Techniques in a wide range of genres like Indian Classical, Light Music, Western, Pop, OPERA, Bollywood, Kollywood, Sufi, Ghazal and Thumri.
Music has always been my identity and my source of happiness. I have been learning and performing for more than 20 years and mentoring singers for more than 10 years. I have sung the Oscar Nominated song 'Aafreen’ from the film 'The Hundred-Foot Journey’ as a part of AR RAHMAN’S SUFI ENSEMBLE. I was selected to represent India to perform opera at BRICS - Russia in 2015. I have also been awarded the ARTIST’S CERTIFICATE by the Government of Maharashtra for serving in the field of music for more than 15 years.