I work well with people – with infectious enthusiasm. I have a transparent and facilitative teaching style. I am able to quickly hone in on the students learning style and strengths and thus teach the subject from a perspective best suited to her needs
I have a general interest in reading history, philosophy, evolutionary psychology, religion and other topics in related areas.
I work to create an interest in the students to want to explore more the context and relevance of the subject being taught. For the specific subject, I also list out appropriate learning and memorising strategies and planning daily study schedules.
An Engineer and MBA with 20 years plus in International Sales of Engineering and Technology products. In this role I had to give presentations to senior executives in multi-national companies (groups of 20-50 executives). Initial objective was to help fine-tune my speaking and presentation skills. This created an interest in knowing more about the English language (now learning and teaching English is more than a hobby). I have studied and worked in the USA and UK for 4-years.
Teaching fees, traveling charges, cancellation fees are based on mutual requirements at that time and negotiable/ open to discussion.
• Instrumentation Engineering from BITS, Pilani (1983 – 1988)
• MSc. (Hons.) in Mathematics from BITS, Pilani (1983 – 1988)
• MBA in Finance from Manchester Business School, UK (1997 – 1999)
• 20 years in creating new markets for high tech/specialty engineering products
• extensive exposure to Oil, Gas, Chemical, Power, Cement, Pharma units in India, USA, UK
• 4-years overseas study and work experience – Manchester, UK and San Jose, USA
CORE COMPETENCIES – DOMINANT STRENGTH IS STRATEGIC
• Worked very closely with CEOs in virtually every assignment during my career
• Track record of setting up JVs, marketing alliances and new business ventures
• Well-honed expertise in building highly motivated, empowered and well-aligned sales teams
• High levels of analytical and synthesis skills; generate compelling insights into business issues
INSTRUCTION/ TEACHING/ MENTORING EXPERIENCE
• More than 150 seminars to Fortune 500 CXOs in USA/UK often comprising 30 – 50 participants
• Sales & product training for BDMs recruited for overseas offices (6 months of mandatory attachment)
• Telephonic prospecting and inward customer call handling techniques to sales engineers
• Program Management to train, monitor and control the performance of 150 CAD/ CAM engineers
• Trained, prepared and billed 50 fresh engineers on various SAP technologies (over 6 months in 2006)
• Teaching English Language skills (primarily phonetics) to:
o CEOs of Korean/ Japanese/Italian companies
o 12 employees (over last 3 months) of a health services company in Bangalore
CAREER BEST ACHIEVEMENTS
1. Conceived and successfully executed 3-market entry campaigns across USA
i. Chemical process imaging instrumentation for Industrial Tomography Systems, UK
ii. Search & retrieval e-business services for NextBrick Solution Inc., West Coast, USA
iii. Aviation & flight control systems for the 36 month [NORTH AMERICAN BAEHAL MARKETING ALLIANCE]
2. Turned around ITC Infotech’s customer acquisition process – exponential increase in new customers
i. Conceived the plan and secured sponsorship of the Management Committee
ii. Started with 1 + 3 people in 2004; the team grew to 48 plus people plus in 3 years
iii. Acquired 80% of all new customers i.e. 24 new customers in 2008-09 vs. 1 new customer in 2004
3. Pivotal role in setting-up Industrial Tomography Systems (start-up by a consortium UK universities)
i. Conceived the strategy and lead a team of 5 MBAs for 4 months to research the market in USA
ii. This resulted in a £180,000 grant by the UK Government to start initial operations
iii. Tied-Up “licensing-agreements” with US Universities to co-develop specific applications
4. Setting-up the 50:50 manufacturing Joint Venture (JV) for TI Group, Chennai with John Crane, UK
i. Selected and trained in UK to establish techno-commercial feasibility of the proposed JV in India
ii. Persevered for over 40 months against stiff challenges to justify manufacturing operations
iii. Factory finally set up in Chennai in 1995 at an investment of $ 6 M.
iv. The JV is currently operational and the revenue of this company today is: Rs. 500 crores
5. Profit Center Head Responsibility at Sumitomo–Motherson, NOIDA
i. To set up the 50:50 JV with an Italian company for electronic Automotive Anti-Theft Devices
ii. Set up operations for automotive wiring harness assembly line with 80 workers in same premises
DATES YRS COMPANY DESIGNATION
Jan 2010 – May 15
3 Indus Castings Company, DEL Diversification of Family Business
May 2002 – May 10 8 ITC Infotech India Ltd, BLR HEAD – STRATEGIC PLANNING
Jan 2000 – May 02 1 NextBrick Solutions Inc., USA Biz Development Head – West Coast
Dec 1999 – Nov 00 1 Industrial Tomography Systems, UK Applications Development Manager
Sep 1997 – Jun 99 2 MBA, Manchester Business School, UK Securities & Derivatives Trading
Aug 1995 – Aug 97 2 Motherson Sumitomo Systems, NOIDA Business Unit Manager
Aug 1990 – May 95 5 Parry Engineering & Exports Ltd, MAA Sr. Marketing Executive
Sep 1988 – Aug 90 2 HCL Ltd, BLR Sales Engineer
school english classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing classes for all!
Taking grammar classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|