My approach to teaching: I am strongly influenced by J Krishnamoorthy's philosophy on education. The teacher should have perfect rapport with the students and set a learning atmosphere where in the teacher goes to share her knowledge to the students in a conducive manner. Having this in mind, I first understand the comfort level of the child in learning. For ex., a child may be at class 6 but his reading level may by of class 3 and writing level of class 1 and spelling and syntax formation at a much lower level. His chronological age may be 12 years and may look normal in behavior, but his scholastic achievements may be very low due to his poor grasp of the language. Hence I have to develop his skills in reading, teach him basic spelling skills and sentence formation and gradually work up to his normal age level.
My classrooms are ideally one-to-one basis with lot of emphasis on student participation. I have developed over the years vast amount of resource material on my own and from various sources. These resource materials include all skills of learning English language- spelling, vocabulary, grammar, reading, speed-reading, comprehension and creative writing.
I am confident that with my proven teaching techniques, I can make any child of any background become proficient in English language and use it to further his professional pursuits.
25 years of experience in teaching of English in reputed schools and colleges.
Qualifications: B.Sc, MA(Eng. Lit), M.Ed. Have undergone training in methodology of teaching dyslexics.
Specialized in teaching English.
Languages known: English, Hindi, Tamil
1. Senior teacher in English at Rishi Valley School. Helped in improving the language learning skills at various levels, coordinating the work of other English teachers especially in remedial teaching. Contributed in making English language teaching materials.
2. Senior teacher for English in Chinmaya International Residential School, Coimbatore, taking classes for stds 9, 10, 11,12. Coordinated M.Y.P program(I.B).
3. Worked as Vice- Principal at TamilNadu State board high school in Chennai.
4. Worked as lecturer for English in a college at Mumbai, affiliated to University of Bombay.
5. Was sent to South-east Asian countries by the Govt. of India under the Commonwealth program to study the educational institutions and latest techniques of teaching.
6. Was awarded 'UdyogPatra' by the Govt. of India.
7. Organized workshops in English language teaching for teachers of secondary and higher secondary schools.
8. Written a book for IIT, Madras for entrepreneurship development.
9. Worked as special educator in one of the reputed CBSE schools of Cochin taking English for classes 11, 12.
At present, taking tuition at my residence in Bangalore for children of all levels, especially slow-learners and children with special needs.
school english classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature classes for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹500||Not available||₹500|