Photography to me the perfect amalgamation of art and science, the basic ingredients of life basically. The nature of how we view the world around us, how we perceive the immediate sense of reality is what photography and photojournalism looks at, and I am just a guide who will try and help anyone to find their place in their world, through photos, through learning and un-learning confirmation bias and opinion echoes based in the way we see our world, before clicking it.
I am a postgraduate from St' Joseph's college, with a master's degree in communication and journalism. I have more than 7 years of freelancing experience in professional photography. I have worked as an assistant professor at ICAT design & media college, Bommanahalli, Bengaluru.
St Joseph’s Arts & Science College, Bengaluru
B.A in Industrial relations, Economics & Sociology - 2012 – 2015
- First person to introduce a new segment ‘Mobile Photography’ in the yearly art & photo exhibition.
- Official photographer for various creative theme based photo activities.
- Second in t-shirt logo design.
- Successfully completed IGNITERS, a people & communications skills programme.
St Joseph’s Postgraduate & Research Centre, Bengaluru
M.A in Mass communication & Journalism - 2015 – 2017
- Presented two seminar papers, one among them was approved & accepted by Academia.edu - Topic: Emojis & its usage among young adults while communicating on instant messaging application WhatsApp.
- Won the best flag logo design at the annual sports meet.
- Created & contributed to several audio & video productions (inter-college radio shows, conceptual short films, & PSA).
- Awarded first place in photography at PRATHIBA, an inter-collegiate art & cultural festival.
- Presented my complete first hand dissertation - Topic: Usage of Snapchat as a visual communicative tool: A study on the gratifications of sharing snaps on Snapchat.
- Recognised & selected by Karnataka tourism department for promotions.
- Made a conceptual short film named OCULUS, serving as a director & cameraman. (concealed information)
- Interned at SHARAN India at Pondicherry, in social media & communications.
- Completed the NET (National Eligibility Test) exam with 56.67 %, qualified for the post of assistant professor.
SHARAN India, Pondicherry - 2016 (Internship)
- Contributed as a social media intern.
- Archival projects of photo directories.
- Created guidelines for cookery sessions, documentation website content creation.
- Created guidelines for marketing their profile on Facebook with photos.
The Open Trunk, Bengaluru - 2017 (Freelance)
- Product photographer for designer fashion catalog.
- Products included designer jewellery, footwear, designer fashion wear & sarees, ornaments, & handbags.
Prestige group, Bengaluru - 2018 (Freelance)
- Lifestyle & portfolio photoshoot for the Inventure academy, Sarjapura.
- Featured in their in-house magazine FALCON.
- Artist exhibition event at the Sublime Galleria, UB city.
TATA automotive, Bengaluru - 2018 (Freelance)
- Automotive parts photoshoots for BTB catalogs.
ICAT Design & Media college, Bengaluru - 2018 (Assistant professor)
- Media & photography lecturer for undergraduate degree students.
- Recognised and published by Karnataka department of tourism for their annual 2019.
Meero, Bengaluru - 2019 - present (Supply)
- Partner acquisition coordinator creating supply in selected regions.
- Partner relations, badge quality analyst. Globally responsible for gatekeeping the quality of photographers hired for the projects.
A picture speaks a thousand words. This is very apt to the way Ananth teaches a subject like photography. He nurtures his students and focuses on their strengths. He has excellent knowledge about the skills required for the subject. He allows the students to explore their areas of interests and gives great feedback that one can take back with them and work on.
Journalism is all about exploring and sharing knowledge. Ananth is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to teaching or sharing knowledge. He spend lot of time on research before teaching something to the students. Mostly, he teaching will be practical and helpful to build someone’s knowledge. I would recommend Ananth, if you’re learning something related to Journalism.
He can give concrete examples while teaching it helps one to understand easily and retain things and learning will not be boring
photography classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social photography classes for all!
Taking photojournalism classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₹2,500||Not available||₹2,000|