I refer to textbooks as a general guideline, but i customize the interaction based on the conceptual understanding of the student, and try to build some context from real life examples and common sense reasoning. As it gets interesting, the student is able to ask better doubt and take a more active role in his learning path.
Shreyash is one of our best teachers. A high quality profile, verified qualifications, quick response rate and loved by students!
I am a Data Scientist at Amazon, proficient in Economics and Machine Learning. Graduated from IIT Kanpur, completing my Bachelors and Masters in Economics with a minor in Artifical Intelligence. I have tutored many students in my degree, also volunteered as a personal tutor for a visually disabled student, for econometrics. Teaching is my passion, and i like exploring concepts in great depth, as it contributes to the overall learning of the student, as well as makes it interesting.
M.S. Economics (Dual Degree), IIT Kanpur, 2014 - 2019 | CGPA : 8.0/10 (Minors in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics)
WORK EXPERIENCE EXL Analytics, Noida
Data Analytics Consultant
Sep 2019-Oct 2020
• Campaign impact evaluation using balancing techniques (IPTW and Propensity Matching) for non-RCT cam- paigns like email survey and building Python scripts in production for monthly report generation.
• Customer segmentation using unsupervised clustering (K-Means, Agglomerative Clustering) for consumer archetyping, identification of pain points and content selection for digital campaigns.
• Modelling churn of customers in the healthcare industry, using supervised models (Logistic Regression and Random Forest) to determine feature importance and causal drivers of lapse-retension in the insurance market.
• Analyzing very large datasets (20 million pop.) on RDBMS platforms like Hadoop using PySpark and SQL. Juspay Technologies, Bangalore May 2017-Jul 2017
Economics Research Intern
• Estimated revenues for HPCL-Juspay Fuel project, forecasting payments via. BHIM (UPI) at petrol pumps.
• Conducted Market survey of Bangalore Stores on merchant and consumer preferences for preferred mode of payment, effects of demonetization on cash and other payment modes.
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur Aug 2018-Apr 2019 Academic Tutor
• Acted as a academic tutor for Advanced Econometrics ECO342A (compulsory for econ majors) and Foundation of Finance ECO711A (graduate elective), responsible for assisting a visually impaired student in his coursework.
Court Judgment Prediction using NLP Jan 2018-May 2018
Prof Harish Karnick
• Achieved >96% accuracy for predicting judgement on article violations in cases of European Court of Human Rights with court transcripts using N-gram features on FF-NN and SVM.
Merger Efficiency of SBI subsidiaries using DEA analysis Aug 2018 - Apr 2019 Prof. Deep Mukherjee (Masters Thesis)
• Analysed Ex-ante merger efficiency scores of Indian banks improvising Banker Charnes Cooper (1984) model. • Integrated BCC model and Shannon entropy method to compare the discriminatory powers of technology sets.
Zero Shot Learning using Machine Learning Sep 2016-Nov 2016 Prof Piyush Rai
• Evaluation of state-of-the-art Zero Shot ML Methods (DAP, SSE, LATEM etc.) on ImageNet. Ranked the 10 methods based on their per-class top-1 accuracy using the non-parametric Friedman test.
Hackathon Projects (WNS Analytics Wizard 2019) • Ad-click Prediction for e-commerce using historical logs, ad impressions & user data
• Selected in National Top 20 in OCS Camp for International Astronomy Olympiad, Mumbai, 2012
• Qualified among top students (1%) in Indian National Physics Olympiad, and Indian Informatics Olympiad. • Achieved AIR 2657 (99.81%ile) and (99.61%ile) in JEE Advanced and Mains respectively.
• Attained AIR 90 (99.01%ile) in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (Mathematics).
• Awarded Masters Fellowship for 2018-19 in IITK and KVPY 2013 scholarship (IISc Bangalore).
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES AND LIBRARIES
□ Python □ Pandas □ NumPy □ SKLearn □ NLTK
□ PySpark □ SQL □ R □ Stata □ Statsmodels
Shreyash is very professional & knowledgable teacher. He was flexible & friendly to me. His real life examples & their application brings life to the topics. The way he integrated different areas into the lesson, was the best part about his sessions. He has been very cooperative & patient when it comes to your doubt solving. This guy brings the best out of you. Highly recommended !
Back in college days when Python was biting me like python, Shreyash helped me in getting the fundamentals right which became the foundation for me to do Deep Learning as my Masters Thesis. Shreyash has been my go to guy for any clarifications!
Strongly recommended. He's so knowledgeable and communicates very well. Explains each & every concept thoroughly. Clears up all the doubt. Strategic teaching of the course. Worth it.
My favorite professor encourages his class to perform well academically, but he's concerned with more than just grades. He cares about each of his students as people. He wants us to develop a healthy, holistic lifestyle. He has given me advice on several occasions and has impacted me probably more than he knows. He is one-of-a-kind..
That’s what we need, don’t we ?
Amazing way of teaching
He’s a great tutor with a good knowledge. His explanations enabled me to understand and really grasp material which was previously confusing for me - simply put, his explanations make sense and make topics more conceptual and clearer. Mr.Shreyash is very professional, enlightening, insightful, and adaptable/receptive to individual student needs. My tutoring session with Mr.Shreyash was really amazing and transformative for me, and I highly recommend him if you are seeking a tutor for the Economics. No matter what your previous study plan has been, He has the know-how to get you on the right track.
Shreyash is extremely knowledgable and proficient in economics. He has an innate ability to communicate the topic effectively in a concise and understandable way.
Shreyash makes learning economics so fun through real life examples. He is extremely knowledgeable and can explain any concept in multiple ways. In addition to economics, Shreyash also has a strong background in mathematics and data analytics.
Shreyash has a strong grasp of concepts relating to Economics & Mathematics. He complements the economic theory with real-world examples. He has a deep and diverse knowledge of various sub-fields. He simplifies each jargon to ensure one gets the essence of the concept. He is the go-to guy for last min preparation
Shreyash was my batchmate in IIT Kanpur. He was one of the few students who deeply engrossed himself into the subject matter and read topics because he enjoyed it.
I think he is well read on topics ranging from economics , finance , physics, maths to machine learning.
His love for teaching is reflected by the fact that he was an official tutor to the students in college. Before exams as well, he was the go to person for people in our wing to clear our doubts.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|