I believe a good teacher must also understand motivation and the effects of peer interactions on learning. I want all my students to achieve at high levels, so I avoid sorting them and setting them up to compete with each other.
B.A., B.Ed. (Electives - English and SST)
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science and Application
Name: Navita Tewari
Husband: Piyush Kumar Tewari
Born on, at: October 23, 1971, Lucknow
Address: G-67, AWHO, Kapil Vihar
Sec - 21 C, Faridabad (121001)
Email id: (concealed information)
Phone: 4043387, (concealed information)
1. B.A., B.Ed. (Electives - English and SST)
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science and Application
1. Certificate of attendance at the Manav Rachna International School and Mosaica Education Professional Development Programme - 2012
2. Certificate of participation in the Teacher Training Programme for English at the ISC Level - 2011 conducted by the Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
3. Certificate of participation in the 3rd EDUConvEx 2011 - Towards New Learning Perspectives in Education
4. Certificates of recognition for outstanding achievement and contribution to Jiva Public
School, Faridabad for two consecutive sessions 2008 - 09 and 2009 - 10
5. Vice-Head Girl of Spring Dale College, Lucknow
6. Certificate and Gold Medal for being the Best Student of the Year in Spring Dale College, Lucknow
7. Certificate of participation in Crossroads '88 in Inter College Essay Writing Competition
8. Athletic Honour and Silver Medal each, for Javelin Throw - Intermediate and Seniors
9. Certificates of Honour for Hockey - Juniors and Seniors
10. Certificates of participation in the Musical Talent Nite, English Vocal, Choir Singing,
11. Elocution and All India Radio Program
1. City Level Judge (NCR) for Tata Building Essay Writing Competition for Schools
2. Centre Superintendent for AIEEE-2012 at Manav Rachna International School, Sec-14, Fbd.
3. Compiled a Teacher Training Manual.
4. Letter of invitation from the Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) for marking of scripts (English Paper II Literature) - ISC Examination - March 2011 - 12
5. Editor of the annual school magazine Jiva Sandesh, at Jiva Public School, Faridabad for the sessions, 2009 - 2011
6. Content Writer of, for three consecutive years, annual newsletters at Jiva Public School
7. Letter of invitation from the Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) for marking of scripts (English Paper I Language) - ISC Examination - March 2010
8. Executive Member of Inter English Forum in Spring Dale College, Lucknow
Workshops / Conferences Attended:
1. Professional Development Programme for Current Global Pedagogical Practices at Manav
Rachna International University in May 2012
2. Building Future Education India Conference 2012 at The Leela Kempinski, Gurgaon in April
2012 for Modernising Education To Create Tomorrow's Workforce
3. Capacity Building Workshop on Life Skills, Values and Co-Scholastic Areas organised by
CBSE at DPS, Faridabad in March, 2012
4. 4th EDU ConvEx at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi in February 2012 for 21st Century
Education: Challenges & Opportunities
1. Multiple Intelligences - Linguistic, Bodily (fine), Interpersonal, Intrapersonal
2. Multiple Natures - Administrative, Educative, Protective, Creative, Providing, Adventurous
Secondary School Head Mistress in Manav Rachna International School, Sec-14, Faridabad - January 2012 - till date
1. Training, supervision and evaluation of staff for Classes VI - XII
2. Working on the ERP (by TCS) for school automation system
3. Developing the curriculum, supervising academics and evaluating the student, parent and teacher satisfaction with the educational process at the school
4. Counseling students for admission to the school
5. Overseeing effective implementation of the extra-curricular activities of the school
6. Taking periodic reports from the Coordinators
7. Providing content and coordinating development of the Annual School Magazine and the annual School Almanac
8. Documenting Standard Operating Procedures of the school
9. Attending events and representing the school during official meetings / seminars
10. Designing projects for clubs and ensuring their implementation in coordination with teachers
11. Writing the press releases for school events
Head Mistress in Jiva Public School, Faridabad - November 2010 - January 2012
1. Training, supervision and evaluation of staff
2. Mentoring and assisting new teachers or assigning mentors to new teachers from existing staff
3. Developing the curriculum, supervising academics and evaluating the student, parent and teacher satisfaction with the educational process at the school.
4. Overseeing effective implementation of the extra-curricular activities of the school
5. Taking periodic reports from the Coordinators
6. Providing content, proof reading and coordinating development of the Annual School Magazine till the final production stage
7. Updating the school website by coordinating with the Content and Design team
8. Finalizing the annual School Diary as well as the Teacher Resource Book
9. Documenting Standard Operating Procedures of the school
10. Coordinating on-going teacher training and professional development
11. Setting up systems and processes to ensure the implementation of training sessions by teachers
12. Attending events and representing the school during official meetings / seminars
13. Designing projects for clubs and ensuring their implementation in coordination with teachers
14. Networking and promoting the school with the community to maintain enrolment and increase student numbers
15. Head of the English Faculty and teaching English to the Board Classes, X to XII
16. Maintaining all kinds of registers such as lab registers, stock registers and library registers
School Coordinator in Jiva Public School, Faridabad - January 2007 - March 2010.
1. Teaching English to Classes X, XI and XII
2. Head of the Department for English
3. In charge of Clubs
4. Had Admin Rights of the School Website
5. Conducting Teacher Trainings throughout the year
6. Responsible for the publication of Monthly Newsletters, Annual Magazine of the school,
7. Teachers' Resource Book and Annual Syllabus of all classes
8. Overall coordination and administration of the school
9. Implementation of management's policies, planning, organizing, conducting an compering of all events at the school including the Summer Camp, Foundation Day, Sanskar Mela, Education Week and Sports Week
10. Management's Representative for ISO 9001 - 2008
11. Conducting in-house and inter-school, academic and extra-curricular competitions
12. Liaison with local newspapers, magazines, companies for the benefit of students
13. Writing press reports for the school events
14. Correspondence with Board
15. Member of the Recruitment Board at school
English Faculty in Savitri Polytechnic twice
1. For conducting Business English Certificate course of Cambridge University, U.K.
2. For conducting English Conversation classes
Primary Teacher (English and SST) at D.A.V. Public School, Sec-49, Faridabad, twice on
adhoc for two months, each. Also judged debates and compeered for annual events.
English Faculty in Advance Study Point, Delhi from January 2000 - July 2002.
1. All subjects to classes VI - VIII
2. English to classes IX - XII
Quality Control Officer in Integrated Software Systems Pvt. Ltd., Lucknow - January 1993 -
1. Joined as Junior Programmer and promoted to Quality Control Officer at the time of leaving.
2. Supervising computer operations
3. Job scheduling
4. Staff training
5. Personnel management
Have actively taught students of all classes at home with innovative methodology and taking up challenges as and when required from 1993 to 2012.
I declare that the above information is true to the best of my knowledge.
school english classes closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading classes to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature classes for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation classes has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₹500||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||₹4,800||Not available|