Music occupies a place of prominence in the culture and tradition of India. India's culture has risen to a place of prominence on the global stage, and this is owing largely to its contributions in the fields of songs and dance forms. Since the mid-20th century, there has been considerable interaction between Indian music and the West, especially Hindustani classical music, which has emerged as the fundamental archetype of ‘Eastern’ tradition on the ‘World Music’ stage.
Often allegorized as 'food for the soul', India's love for music symbolizes India’s remarkable diversity in cultural, linguistic, and religious terms and embodies the historical tides that have shaped its contemporary pluralism.
Song and dance play a pivotal role in the cultural life of India. India's religious and ethnic diversity also spills over to its art and culture in the form of an intricate tapestry of classical and folk music, including both song and dance. This diversity cannot be generalized. Hindustani classical music, Bollywood music, folk songs, the songs of Rabindranath Tagore - whatever be the type of song you may singing - the diversity is fundamentally different from ‘Western’ musical aesthetics.
Singing Classes in Mumbai
Mumbai Film Academy
For lessons on how to sing, try the prestigious Academy that offers Certificate and Diploma Courses in Classical and Playback Singing for 6/12 months with 100% placement assistance and internship opportunities. The singing courses are flexible and customized. Students can choose from Weekdays or Weekend classes, and full-time or part-time courses. A rolling admission policy is followed at the Academy for the benefit of students.
What the Courses Offer
- Theory Classes: 3 hours
- Practical Classes: 8 hours
- 5 Sessions a Week
- Film Screening
- Film Shooting
- Film Appreciation
- Hands-on Practical Sessions
- Visiting Film Location
- 240 Class Rooms Sessions - 1,000 Hours Classes - Divided into 400 Hours Theory & Screening with 600 Hours Practical Classes & Film shooting
For those singers with the gift of gab, the Academy offers them the chance to feature in reality shows such as Indian Idol, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, The Voice, Voice of India, Super Star Singer, Rising Star, Bharat Ki Shaan, and so on. They also get the opportunity to record their own music album, shoot for film and TV videos, jingles, adverts, TV shows (playback singing), and other such opportunities. The Diploma/ Certificate of Mumbai Film Academy is a highly appreciated and recognized course in Mumbai.
Singing Classes in Delhi
Anurag Dixit's Musicology PRO
Musicology PRO is India's leading school for professional music training, including learning how to be a pro stage performer. Masterclasses are offered online by the master tutor, pop star, and award-winning music educator Anurag Dixit. Learning at the school includes certificate courses in vocal singing, music instruments, music production, and songwriting. The institute boasts of an alumni of more than 30,000 students, including MTV artists, industry professionals, and band members.
Key Features of Singing Courses
- Improve vocal range and power
- Learn microphone technique
- Develop your unique style
- Develop your stage presence
- Prepare for auditions
- Prepare an impressive set-list
- Learn to manage your music career
- Gain personal guidance and music industry insights
Singing Classes in Bengaluru
The best tutors inspire confidence in their students. At Rainbow Bridge, experienced tutors adopt a holistic approach to teaching music, especially singing. The tutors constantly endeavor to inspire their students to pursue music, irrespective of whether it’s just another hobby or as a career option. As we all know, singing is an activity that everyone engages in and enjoys – be it in the shower or in front of an audience on a stage!
The vocal training sessions are designed keeping in mind the need for students to develop the quality of their vocals or further fine-tune their sound. Irrespective of the singing style, vocal training is the place to start one's journey of musical discovery. Rainbow Bridge offers the right tools for such effective vocal training via vocal assessment and personalized training.
Beginners Vocal Course Curriculum
- Music theory and harmony
- Timing and rhythm
- Ear training
- Vocal exercises and breathing techniques
- Popular standards and melodies
- Vocal range and techniques
- Practice material and backing tracks
Advanced Vocal Course Curriculum
- Music theory
- Introduction to Jazz and styles – soloing and improvisation
- Standards and melodies
- Recording and composition
- Scales and modes
- Vocal range and techniques
- Altered harmony
- Artist identity
- Practice material & backing tracks
Singing Classes in Chennai
Shankar Mahadevan Academy
Started by one of the most celebrated and iconic music specialists in the country, Shankar Mahadevan, the Academy has a 34000+ strong student community, from across 81 countries who are enrolled in the pursuance of their passion for music from the convenience of their homes. There are over 466 courses on offer, that use special tools to deliver more than 163,000 online classes for students to improve their singing skills. The In-Campus School Programs, at the Academy, for school children of all age groups, is changing the way music is taught in schools across India.
Popular Courses at the Academy
- Hindustani Vocals
- Carnatic Vocals
- Playback Singing
- Music for Children
- Voice Gym
- Contest Preparation
- Sa Pa Sa
- Movie Songs – Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali
- Devotional Songs
- Rhymes to Swaras
- Lost Lullabies – Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam
- My Favorite Songs
Singing Classes in Madurai
Tamil Nadu Government Music College, Madurai
The Tamil Nadu Government Music College, Madurai, offers academic courses in different aspects of singing. If you are looking for professional singing classes near me at this popular temple town, don't forget to check out this age-old institution.
3-Years Diploma Course
- Major: Vocal
- Ancilliary: Instrumental Music/ Veena/ Violin/ Flute/ Nadaswaram/ Tavil/ Mridangam/ Bharatanatyam/ Folk Arts
1-Year Diploma Course
- Course offered: D.M.T (Diploma in Music Teaching)
- Eligibility: A pass in Std X with a Diploma or a Degree in Music; age 16 years to 25 years
3-Years Undergraduate Degree Courses
- Course offered: Vocal
- Eligibility: +2 or equivalent; age 17 years to 22 years
Singing Classes in Pune
Swar Taal Sadhana
Your search for a quality singing teacher in Pune ends with the Swar-Taal Sadhana school of music. Started in 1993 by renowned Tabla and Dholki artist Shri. Sanjay Karandikar, the institution aims to spread Indian music, art, and culture around the globe. Their motto, 'Sangeetam Vishwa Samwad Saadhanam', conveys the power of music to unite the people and create an environment of love and peace. The institute constantly strives to inspire students of all ages to follow their passion by helping them nurture their talents.
Features of Vocal Training Courses
- Musical aptitude tests and guidance allow students to choose their appropriate music genre.
- Music Consecration or 'Sangeet Sanskar' is a special course conducted for children between ages 4 and 6.
- Students are prepared for Classical Vocal, Harmonium, Bansuri, and Tabla examinations conducted under the aegis of Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidyalaya Mandal.
- Certified courses for Folk, Light, and Semi-Classical Music are also on offer.
- Educational books (with audiovisual aids), based on examination syllabi, are provided to students.
- Students receive guidance on musical presentation and accompaniment.
- Interactive workshops are conducted under eminent musicians.
- Music education programs are undertaken.
- Performance opportunities are granted to budding artists.
- Career guidance for those aspiring to be professional singers is also provided.
Singing Classes in Bhopal
An initiative of the Government of India, SWAYAM was designed to achieve the 3 cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity, and quality. The methodology followed is a combination of the best teaching and learning resources, available to all, including the most disadvantaged.
- Geet Ghazal
- Film music
- Western Music
- Music Composition
- Music Direction
- Folk Music, with a special focus on vocal traditions
- Semi-classical Music and its interdependence on classical and folk music.
- Detailed study and practice of techniques of Swar Sadhana
Singing Classes in Manipal
Carrying forward the vision of the Bhaktha Brothers, Music Corner brings with it an experience of over 3 decades in the field of Orchestra and stage shows. Primarily a music store in Udupi, Karnataka, Music Corner has built a favorable reputation in the world of vocal training and music education. The store is the only one of its kind to house both Indian and Western musical instruments from the top brands, worldwide, apart from being a recognizable name in offering courses in singing.
Vocal Training Classes
Vocal training classes (both Hindustani and Carnatic) are offered by Music Corner, focusing on different aspects of singing, like raaga, laya, and taala, in great detail.
Singing Classes in Kolkata
AMEC Music School, Kolkata
AMEC is short for Academy for Musical Excellence. Indeed, it is a place for excellence in music with a commendable online music training program. By simply signing up on the Academy's digital platform, students gain access to professionally designed lessons in:
- Western Vocal
- Bollywood Vocal
- Indian Music
- Kodaly Children Music and Music Theory
Enrollment in the singing classes is a simple 2-step process:
- Fill up the admission form and pay your fees to the Academy for Musical Excellence Bank Account.
- Your online music class from Kolkata will start at a chosen day and time of your choice.
Professionally trained and immensely experienced, the music teachers at the Academy offer music training and vocal training courses to students who can learn singing from the comfort of their homes. This is based on the staunch belief of the Academy that music education and the services of good music teachers should be accessible to all. Students can also train for music examinations or simply learn singing as a hobby or passion.