Learning to train your vocals, at any age, can be a fun challenge. If you have wondered what your voice will shape into after training, online singing classes can be an excellent way to find out. Easily accessible through a mobile phone or a computer, singing classes using a webcam have become the easy to learn singing and improve your vocals.
Singing comes with mental as well as physical benefits. You can benefit from the energy and skills the online training will introduce to your vocal cords.
Bangalore offers all music lovers the chance to improve their skills - be it learning and acing instruments, such as the guitar and veena, to training in Hindustani and Carnatic vocals. In this article, we have put together the top 5 places to learn singing in Bangalore. Explore, shortlist, and sign up now!
Rainbow Bridge takes a holistic approach to teaching music, especially singing, encouraging their students to pursue music irrespective of whether it’s just another hobby or as a career option. Singing is an activity that everyone engages in and enjoys – be it in the shower or in front of an audience on a stage!
Vocal training sessions at Rainbow Bridge are designed for those who either want to develop the quality of their vocals or further fine-tune their sound. Irrespective of the singing style, vocal training is the place to start one's journey of musical discovery. Rainbow Bridge offers the right tools for such effective vocal training via vocal assessment and personalized training.
Beginner Vocal Course Curriculum
- Music theory and harmony
- Timing and rhythm
- Ear training
- Vocal exercises and breathing techniques
- Popular standards and melodies
- Vocal range and techniques
- Practice material and backing tracks
Advanced Vocal Course Curriculum
- Music theory
- Introduction to Jazz and styles – soloing and improvisation
- Standards and melodies
- Recording and composition
- Scales and modes
- Vocal range and techniques
- Altered harmony
- Artist identity
- Practice material & backing tracks
Superprof is one the best online platforms to find singing classes near me in Bangalore, having a base of some of the best instructors in Karnataka. The website offers singing courses, including live classes via webcam. Choose from verified and approved profiles of teachers who provide singing lessons in Bengaluru. The platform allows you to choose your level of singing to help you settle on your desired tutor profile.
Teachers on Supeprof offer classes in various genres, like Classical (Hindustani/ Indian or Western), Carnatic, and vocal training. Superprof teachers are affordable and most of them offer their first class for free so that students can understand the teaching methods. They are independent teachers, who are mostly not attached to any singing institute or academy. These verified teachers know how to assess your current singing level to curate lessons for your benefit.
Go through the teacher profiles, read the reviews, and schedule a class as per your requirement. The reviews and testimonials enable you to choose the best teacher. Professional vocal training instructors and singing teachers sign up on Superprof with years of experience. Take their feedback to highlight areas of improvement during the live lesson sessions. Become a singing pro by signing up on Superprof today!
Private lessons with a singing teacher on Superprof are priced, on average, at ₹673, for students in Bengaluru. Lesson prices depend on:
- Experience of your singing teacher
- Where your lessons will take place (via Skype or at your place or at the residence of your teacher)
- Number of classes
- Duration of each class
- Objective of your classes
The online platform provided by Superprof can connect you with the best singing teachers in your city. Browse the verified tutor profiles in your city by entering your location in the search box. Choose your singing teacher as per your payment and genre preferences. Shortlist and connect with your private singing teacher!
Nathaniel School of Music
This acclaimed academy for learning music is an ideal place to polish your singing skills. The School offers a performance-based course, Music Method, that aims to make a complete musician of you. Irrespective of your level and interest in learning to sing - even if you are a complete novice, a hobbyist, or a professional singer, the institute will start at your current skill level and advance from there. In a matter of just 4 months, the institute works with you to equip you with everything needed to play a show on stage!
The course is conducted over a period of 16 weeks, split into the following sections:
These are your core classes for learning your instrument of choice. This could be the Keyboard or the Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Trumpet, Violin, Voice training, Hindustani/ Indian Voice training, or Carnatic Violin.
The guitar and bass exercises and techniques are a mix of known standards and a few customized ways of improving your agility, flexibility, control and strength to get the best tone out of the instrument. Piano players and drummers are required to additionally focus on the independence of limb movement.
Vocalists will not just sing and hit notes, but also focus on developing a rich tone of voice, clarity and correct diction with words and voice projection.
In the intermediate and advanced stages, students learn licks, patterns, and exercises that focus on the genre chosen by them. The student's ability to use their instrument in various settings is explored, and more technical aspects, both general and instrument-specific, are discussed at length.
Ear Training and Music Theory is a module designed to teach the students musical concepts and use different methods to increase their musical understanding and skill.
The institute conducts special classes for those singers interested in learning how to improve their stage performance. In this module, singing teachers talk about the interaction of the singer with music and other musicians, including such topics as band dynamics and stage presence. Also included in the classes is a common Q&A session with the entire batch and the faculty members towards the end of the course.
There are 2 fully-equipped Rehearsal Studios that can be booked by students should they want extra time to practice singing or their instrument. A Lending Library facility at the institute allows access to numerous music-related books, that are extremely rare and most informative. These rare books have been collected over many years and are considered standards in music writing and teaching.
Sangeet Sadhana School of Music and Art
Sangeet Sadhana is a celebrated academy of performing arts, including dance and singing. The institute strives to preserve the integrity of Hindustani classical music. It is the aim of the institute to nurture the tradition and culture of performing arts and to propagate the true authenticity of classical music to the present and the future generations.
The many dance forms and singing are celebrated at this prestigious institute that has the vision to bring more and more aspiring singing and dance artists into the limelight. Their teachers have taken it upon themselves to establish the grace of Indian classical music in the hearts of every music lover through the echoes of musical vibes and assimilation of socio-cultural changes.
Basic Level for Beginners
This singing course is designed to imbibe swaragyan. The course includes the following modules:
- Elementary lessons (Swaradhyaya) on shruti, swara, Sur and Tala (Talagyan), sargams, rules of raagas aroha avaroha, vadi- samvadis, the swar sangatis, pakad, and Paltas listening to thekas of taal and keeping a mental note of taal while demonstrating.
- Concepts of saptak, Thaat paddhati, or parent scales, etc.
- Particular emphasis on reproducing music in notation.
- Theory and evolution of classical music, including detailed discussions on the difference between allied ragas, their catch notes, etc
- Proper pronunciations and aspects of bol banana
This course includes the following modules:
- Understanding the aesthetic structure of ragas, the elements associated with musical expression
- Developing the ability to identify ragas and their dynamics
- Analysis of ragas with similar or identical scales and note patterns
- Role of ornamentations like Meend, Kana, Khatka, Murki in the delineation of a raga
- Practical demonstrations by musicians for developing the ability to identify the note formation of the compositions in students
The most advanced level of learning to sing at the academy includes the following modules:
- Understanding and rendering compositions modified to suit the artistic capability of an individual
- Mastering the complex taans and high tempo ( sa- re- ga- ma ) ornamentation within the framework of the raga, in a bid to acquire musical craftsmanship
- Spreading the message of Indian classical music among rasikas through the arrangement of musical concerts, singing workshops under the guidance of singing maestros (for both vocal and instrumental) from the different gharanas of Hindustani music
This course is aimed at students of singing who view music as a mode of entertainment and encouragement. The course primarily focuses on the act of performance, teaching contemporary Bollywood songs, as well as Hindi movie classics, following this methodology:
- Singing along with Karaoke, Beats
- Performing an acoustic version of a song
- Learning studio techniques
- Learning the proper pronunciation of lyrics
- Experiencing the charm of music
- Understanding the song situation and composition
- Singing with feelings and emotions (taught through practical demonstrations)
UrbanPro has verified, reviewed, and trusted profiles of experienced and talented singing teachers. Students love UrbanPro for its easy navigability. Currently, 1,990 singing tutor profiles are available on the platform. They offer various singing courses and classes. These include approximately 1,230 singing tutors and 768 institutes for learning to sing in Delhi. Some of the top localities to find singing teachers near me include J P Nagar, HSR Layout, Electronic City, and Whitefield.
Everyone enjoys singing. It is one of the most natural traits of being human. The only difference is that some people sing as a hobby or a pastime, while others take up singing as a profession. Hindustani classical music, Carnatic, Bollywood, Western classical - no matter which genre you enjoy singing and aspire to professionally pursue, enlist in singing classes to polish your singing abilities and become a successful singer
The platform that connects tutors and students