The IIM CAT or common admission test is considered to be one of the top choices for any aspiring student looking for MBA colleges and professional degrees all around India. Almost every passing year, the existing, as well as new colleges, open a list of new MBA program seats for students with direct registration with the CAT exam.
In 2021, approximately 1,92,000 students registered for the IIM CAT exam.
Even though the admission process is conducted on the official website, all candidates should be well aware of the different guidelines for CAT registration to avoid the hassle of last-minute adjustments. So, if you are someone who is looking for the necessary tips for CAT registration, keep reading below-
- The first and the most important tip to remember is to memorize the CAT exam date and the CAT registration date to apply in time.
- Out of all the different browsers available, it is recommended to use either Mozilla Firefox or Chrome for the CAT registration.
- Before you begin your CAT registration, collect all your necessary documents and images in one place to avoid making mistakes or delaying the registration during the upload time.
- Incorrect information is a big no-no for any exam registration and so always keep the educational documents and information handy to avoid making mistakes and entering wrong details during CAT registration.
- The official website for CAT registration requires all documents and images to be uploaded in a certain format. So, ensure that you prepare in advance to avoid any file rejection during upload while registering.
- Always double-check all the entered information before submitting incorrect details as well as errors can cause a delay in the CAT registration.
- One aspect of the CAT registration is to select a centre according to preference. It is important to be mindful here and keep the top six cities that are closest to your current location on the list.
- The CAT exam syllabus tests your knowledge for logical reasoning, reading comprehension, data interpretation, interpretation of logical reasoning, etc. So, if you are new to these concepts, it is recommended that you invest your time in energy solving multiple CAT mock test papers to understand the CAT exam pattern before completing your CAT registration.
What is the CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria?
If you are looking for higher education and want to get into different MBA programs and courses, preparing for the CAT exam is the right way for admission. All the students however who wish to send in their application for the CAT exam have to meet the CAT exam eligibility criteria to be able to give the test. There are multiple points within the eligibility criteria for CAT exam 2022 and the important ones, especially due to the onset of the pandemic, are mentioned below-
- All candidates who apply for the CAT exam have to clear their bachelor’s degree to qualify.
- As far as the exam grade is concerned for CAT application, the candidates who apply need to have secured a minimum of 50% marks on their bachelor's program and 45% in case they belong to the reserved or PWD category.
- Any candidate who is awarded a “promotion or pass” instead of marks on the bachelor's program within the last two years can enter the promotion or pass option in the application form. But remember that this exception on activity criteria is only applicable for students who are in their final year for 2020-2021.
- One good thing about the CAT exam eligibility is that there is no age restriction as long as per candidate has 50% marks or percentile on their bachelor’s degree.
List of Important Dates Before the CAT Exam Date
Any candidate who is interested in submitting an admission application for CAT based on their achieved percentile in bachelors, Will need to know the official CAT exam date that includes dates for the application form, date for admit card, the date for registration, etc. Let us discuss the top dates that are important for all students, other than the CAT exam date below.
- The CAT registration for 2022 starts from the first week of August 2022 so prepare all your important documents, photographs, and any other proof of identity required before the D-Day.
- The last date to submit your application form for the CAT exam is in the third week of September 2022. You have an entire month and two weeks to register and apply so Marco calendars and do the needful.
- Other than practising for CAT by completing multiple CAT mock tests and exam papers, the date for CAT mock test 2022 for all applicants is in the third week of October 2022. This is more like a proper mock test that has to be taken by all candidates for better practice opportunities.
- Once your application is submitted any of registered for the CAT exam, you need to wait for your admit card which will allow you to enter the CAT exam on the final day. The date of availability of your admit card is in the last week of October 2022.
- Finally, according to the sources, the final CAT 2022 exam date is in the last week of November 2022.
Important Tips for CAT Preparation
The CAT exam is not an easy exam to crack as it is very analytical to understand your capabilities to pursue higher education in some of the top MBA colleges in the country. So, if you are a candidate who has submitted the CAT application, it is time for you to invest your time in proper CAT preparation to ace the exam. Let us look at some of the top tips that can ease your CAT preparation below-
- For self-preparation, the first thing you need to do to prepare is to go through the entire CAT exam pattern and the CAT exam syllabus for the year you are applying. The syllabus and pattern do not change as such but a few alterations here and there is a possibility so it is always better to be well informed.
- There are three sections on the exams so when you start preparing, always divide the sections based on the difficulty levels as per your understanding and then focus on the ones that are more difficult and hold a higher weightage to score better.
- There is ample study material available for CAT preparation both online and offline so exhaust your resources by taking as many CAT mock tests as you can and analyzing each to see where you falter to improve.
- An important part of CAT preparation is remembering the different dates for the CAT exam to never miss out.
What Are CAT Exam Fees?
Two very frequently asked questions by students when they begin to research for MBA colleges in India and then plan for CAT are what is the CAT exam fees and where to apply for the CAT exam. So, for any student who wishes to apply for the CAT exam for colleges like IIM Ahmedabad or other top institute management for MBA, you can apply for the CAT examination by registering on the official website.
As far as the CAT exam fees are concerned, the cost for the exam is Rs. 2200 for all general category students and Rs. 1100 for all reserved category students.
Where To Find The Right Coaching For CAT Exam?
We live in a digital world and so the ease of the internet has made it highly convenient to connect with teachers and courses from all different parts of the world and just a few quick steps.
Multiple online platforms are dedicated to bridging the gap between the students and the teachers by connecting them on their choice of courses. One such platform is Superprof that only requires quick signup before you can look up different coaches or coaching classes you can take to prepare for your CAT exam. So, all you need to do is decide whether you want to take additional support and then connect with the teacher to start preparing.
Overall, to conclude, the CAT exam is one of the top choices for the majority of the MBA colleges in India and so if you want to pursue higher education in the country, taking this exam is a must. It can be a little overwhelming but the result is always favourable provided you are well acquainted with the CAT exam pattern, CAT syllabus and the other important dates to always be prepared in advance.
If you need further assistance, there are multiple books and other resources available online that you can purchase to practice for your upcoming CAT exam. Additionally, if you want to take professional support, you can always signup with Superprof to find a coach who can help you prepare for your CAT exam.
The platform that connects tutors and students